Thursday, August 20, 2009

Let's Get This Party Started...

Welcome to All Things Olive...

...All Things I Love.


Mostly about New Orleans, but you never know - something new may catch my eye.


(Oooh, Shiny!)


I'd like to start off with a toast.

Let's all raise a glass at Iris in the French Quarter! If you haven't been to their bar and restaurant in the Bienville House Hotel on N. Peters you are missing out.


The drinks are delicious.

And don't even get me started on the master mixologist, artist extraordinaire and country song composer Alan Walter.


Two words: Yum-My!


You know, they say cocktails were invented here in New Orleans. (And I believe 'em.) They say they came from a pharmacy in the French Quarter. (Yeah, you right!)


The bar setup is very much pharmacy meets farmer's market. Who can't appreciate good pharmaceuticals and fresh Louisiana produce?


::crickets chirping::

That's what I thought.


So raise your glasses, people!
This is my favorite toast taught to me by
Bourbon Street Burlesque Legend
Wild Cherry:

Here's to you and here's to me,
May we never disagree.

But if we do,
The hell with you,
Here's to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment